Now many of you probably know that the world cup is on, and that is a reasonably important event for quite a few people worldwide. I was reading an article on rsssf.com which talked about a system of ranking the importance of a goal scored in a given game.
This seemed like a good idea for me to take on, so I stayed up a little past my bed time and though up the following formula(e) to make this easier. The formula takes into account goals scored by both teams, time of goal and the stage goal was scored in. Plus much more. Formula:
I=((1/d if d>=1,1/ABS(d-2) if d<=0)*(1+((1/(M+1))*T)))*(1+(1/s)
Where d=A-B
Or if you prefer:
I=W2*(1+(1/s)
Where:
W2=W1*(1+((1/M)*T))
Where:
W1=1/d if d>=1
1/ABS(d-2) if d<=0
Where:
d=A-B
d=difference after game finished
A=Goals Team A scored
B=Goals Team B scored
s=No. of teams left in stage. 2 for final, 32 for group stage etc.
T=Time of goal
M=Minutes alowed in stage. 90 for group stage, 120 for every other stage.
I=Goal importance
Hope you all enjoy it!
Thursday, 27 May 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment